I present you meioMask – a jQuery plugin for masking inputs.
I’ve centralized all the comments at the page of the project, so i’m not allowing comments here but you are free and motivated to comment at the meioMask’s project page.
I was looking for a good masking plugin to use with jQuery or maybe Mootools but haven’t found one that can do what i wanted it to do. I mean like being cross-browser, accept paste event (very important!), have a money mask, like the bank ones…Well here are some of the meioMask’s features:
- Accepts paste event;*
- Haves fixed and reverse mask types ( allow number mask );
- Input focus isn’t lost (if the input is smaller than the mask, focus will follow the caret);**
- You can still use your hot keys and others (ex: ctrl+t, ctrl+f5, TAB …);
- Supports metadata plugin;
* Safari on mac isn’t supported. Paste event for some reason isn’t fired on command+v (right-click paste works). On Mac Firefox it work’s ok.
** Firefox 2 and before aren’t supported.
You can see the plugin page here. It contains documentation and examples. I’ll be making a “projects” page here soon to add the plugins i made.Please tell me any bug, new feature, english errors on documentation…. anything! I’ll be glad to hear your feedback and make the fixes.Hope it helps you!